Leadership is, in many ways, the art of becoming your best self. While we’ve all heard the myth of the “born leader,” true leadership is a skill that, like all skills, requires practice, determination, and a willingness to challenge yourself beyond your comfort zone.
Kappa Omicron Nu is proud to provide not only the tools our members need to develop their inner leader, but also the safe, supportive spaces needed to practice and hone leadership skills among colleagues and friends.
- Courses & Certificates
- Board and Committee Leadership
- Kappa Omicron Nu Conclave
- Mentoring Undergraduates in the Human Sciences
- Kids & Careers
- Kappa Omicron Nu Ethics Project
One of the best places to pursue and hone your leadership abilities is within your local, state, national, and international professional organizations. There are many outstanding groups to choose from that represent one or more aspect of the human sciences. Below are several that Kappa Omicron Nu supports and endorses.
- American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS)
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA)
- International Textile and Apparel Association (ITAA)
- National Council on Family Relations (NCFR)
- Joint Council of Extension Professionals (JCEP)
- Council of Administrators of Family and Consumer Sciences (CAFCS)
- Board on Human Sciences (BoHS)
- International Federation for Home Economics (IFHE)
- Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA)
As a certified member of the Association of College Honor Societies, KON also partners with many professional organizations dedicated to promoting high standards for excellence in higher education, including:
- National Collegiate Honors Council (NCHC)
- Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU)
- International Center for Academic Integrity (ICAI)
- Council for Academic Standards in Higher Education (CAS)